My #SDPRIDE 2014 Eye Makeup ♡

Salutations, little beans!
I attended the San Diego Pride Parade and music festival yesterday, the 19th of July and I had an absolute blast. The makeup look I did abided by the color palette for the Pansexual Flag. Here's a rundown for y'all.


Wait, Lex, hold up. What even is Pansexuality?
"not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regard to gender or activity".
The concept of pansexuality rejects the gender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations", as pansexual people are open to relationships with people regardless of gender identity.

This is my personal sexual orientation. For those who are still confused, it's like bisexual, but more fluid. No need to overthink it!

I took this color palette and ran with it for dear life, and this is what I managed to come up with! I didn't have time to do a step-by-step photoset, unfortunately, but I will write it out as best as I can.

Trust me, I'm well aware of the gnarly terror that is my eyebrows at the moment. I'll get right on that, fear not kiddos.
I first applied a matte vanilla color all over, up to the brow bone as a base so that I didn't end up looking like a weird grease ball by the end of the day. To do this, I used Covergirl Eye Enhancers in French Vanilla. I don't even know if they still make this, as mine is ancient and crusty as hell.
To create that winged liner, I used a matte teal eyeshadow on a wet angled brush from my BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette. I had to sharpen the wings with q-tips, as eyeshadow sometimes creates soft edges that don't suit a winged liner look.
The photo does not do that pink glitter justice whatsoever. That's easily ten layers of Urban Decay Heavy Metal liquid glitter liner in Junkshow. I still have a ton of this stuff lodged into my pores, and one day I'm sure I will become a giant geode with all the leftover glitter I've slapped on my face my whole life.
For that vibrant gold inner highlight, I first applied a layer of Mally Cosmetics Evercolor Eyeshadow Stick in Firework, and topped it off with a shimmery gold from the BH Palette.
I forgot to curl my eyelashes, as usual (it is a step I will never remember to do ever; as long as I live) but I managed to slap on two coats, top and bottom, of Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Black, which is my current favorite.
There you have it, cuties! Loud, proud, and a little bit unpleasant to remove at 2 AM when you remember that you still have all your makeup on and you'd quite literally rather sell your soul than get out of bed and take this off right now.
Be proud of yourself, babies. I sure as hell am!

love, lex

0 comments:

Post a Comment