Nineteenth Birthday Recap


Howdy, gents!

On August 29th, I celebrated my 19th birthday. Even though it's an awkward, in-between kind of year, I still have an enormous love for my own birthday. Vain? Probably. But still awesome. I did a whole bunch on this joyous day, and I'm here to summarize and document all of that for you guys. 
   As you can see from the photo above, I spent a little time at the beach today. As a typical Cali girl, most of my celebrations involve the suggestion of the beach. I managed to only burn a little, and not drown in the recently really high surf. The beach was nearly empty, and I jammed to Little Green Cars.
   After that, my parents and I did a bit of shopping, and I picked up a couple things. This might shock some of you, but before yesterday, I didn't own a single pair of blue jeans. Not one. Now, I am a proud owner of the Banana Republic petite legging cut jeans. They look like this:
I'm pretty sure this wash is something like distressed indigo or whatever. They fit me shockingly well, and aren't too long on my tiny little legs. Praise be to petite section for accommodating my limbs. 

I also got a blouse from Banana Republic. It's a deep indigo blue with white dahlia blossoms. The high collar is slightly stiff, but small, which retains its delicate nature without being too abrasive or masculine. Masculine collars usually suit me, but this one is my exception. It has two pockets on the front for stashing mints or paper clips.

My final gift while out shopping at the outlets was the most beautiful purse I now own. Given that I only own two purses, but you get the gist. For the last year I have been using exclusively a Dooney & Bourke pebble grain cross body satchel. I love that little guy, and it's still my go-to bag, but it is just too tiny for some of the more industrious, business-oriented things I find myself doing these days. My mom generously gifted me a new bag, which I proudly introduce to you below:


This is my brand new big-girl handbag. I normally don't wear bags on the elbow (I have scoliosis, and it can mess with my back), but this one is comfortable to wear and a dream to carry. No bruises on the crooks of my arms, thankfully. This beauty is the Dooney & Bourke Florentine Satchel With Pockets in T-Moro Brown. It's a rich mahogany color with an emerald green and red suede interior. It's got pockets, but not an overwhelming amount of pockets. The main compartment is spacious enough for things like my bullet journal and pen case, and plenty of space for handbag essentials. I'll be doing a What's in my Bag post featuring this pretty baby very soon.

To add a taste of magic to this birthday, I got a necklace in the mail that I'd forgotten I'd ordered. This little guy features a teeny tiny Hogwarts acceptance letter! Imagine the joy when your letter finally comes, and on your birthday, and contained in such a shimmering little case! With a magnifying glass, you can see the tiny signature of Minerva McGonagall herself, and the four-color crest of Hogwarts stamped on the top. If all my punctuation doesn't indicate how in love with this I am, just picture Hermione Granger herself the day she received her letter, and you'll be half way there. Also, Glory to Slytherin.

The Food

Birthday celebrations always involve food with me, and of course my request was my two favorites: sushi and doughnuts. Here's some snapshots of what I hastily stuffed in my face yesterday. We went to Shogun for this sushi to reunite with my parent's favorite sushi chef, who they've followed from place to place for nearly twenty years. The man gets me.



Happy birthday to me, right? Thanks for sharing this moment with me, guys.


love, lex


0 comments:

Post a Comment