What's In My Bag // Fall 2014



Hey, babes.

If you remember my 19th birthday recap post, you'll be able to share in my joy. Now that I'm a true owner of a big-girl handbag, I've been perfecting ways to stock it so it best suits my needs. I'm not really an over-packer, and I've carried a very small bag for so long that I didn't really have that over-excited dump of all my earthly possessions into this bag. I've kept it pretty simple, with nothing more than what I use every day, all day.
Some context:
I am a student. I live in a big urban city. I walk everywhere. I have teeny, tiny arms. 


Technology

iPhone 5s and Headphones // Where would we be in this age without our phones on us constantly? My phone is my conduit, my resource, and an extension of my hand. It rests comfortably in one of the frontmost pockets of my bag with the accompanying headphones, so I can effectively jam wherever I am. It seems we've spotted a wild rhyme.
iPad 2 // This isn't a constant in my bag, but it is if I'm off somewhere to study or take notes in a lecture. I've gone mostly paperless, so all my school materials are generated, accumulated, and saved on there.

Essentials

Bullet Journal // My greatest asset and my absolute lifeline. You can read all about why I love using my bulletjournal as an academic planner at this link here.
As Many Pens as Possible // I'm a pen hoarder. I cannot stop and I will not stop collecting pens. I need more pens. I'm probably going to go out later today to buy pens. This is my curse. My favorite pen is the Pilot G-2 Gel pen in .5 or .38 weight.
Sunglasses // My Ray Ban Clubmaster Classics are the only sunglasses I own, and surely the only sunglasses I need. The classic browline construction suits me beyond compare. They're always on hand.
Wallet // You know the drill. Got to keep your money somewhere. This one in particular was a gift from my mom, and it's the Dooney and Bourke Saffiano Large Zip-Around Wallet in Bordeaux.
Keys // These are only in here half the time. I forget my keys constantly. I'm that guy.
Gum/Mints // I'm a coffee drinker. A coffee guzzler, if you will. Speaking candidly; the more coffee you drink, the more likely your breath is to be nasty as hell. It's life. We deal. I make sure to keep these handy.
Dental Floss // Same oral hygiene bend as the gum. Due to the fact that I am a damn infant, I can't eat or drink anything without making a giant mess of myself and everything around me. If it can get conceivably get stuck in your teeth, it has been stuck in mine. Never again will I be oblivious to dental invaders.
Hand Sanitizer // Things are gross. People are gross. Keeping hand sanitizer available is essential to me, since I can get sick being even in the same building as someone who's sick. (You think I joke, but it's miserably true). My favorite is the Bath and Body Works Pocket-Bac in Market Peach, which is sadly out of season for the fall.


Beauty and Body

Tweezers/Fingernail Clippers // Errant hairs are a pretty big part of my life. Sometimes you miss one. Sometimes you end up with a jet black hair sticking out a half inch from your neck that you horrifyingly haven't noticed until just now. Everyone has had to deal with exactly this, but my genetics make it exceedingly unavoidable. 
Lip balm // Since I'm a frequent brandisher of a bold lip, and frequently a matte one, I find myself reaching for a balm every hour on the hour, especially in the colder months. My favorite is the Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy. Don't be fooled, this doesn't actually offer a pink color at all. It does have a pleasant rosy taste, though, and keeps me hydrated even under the most wickedly drying lipsticks.
Lipstick(s) // I can end up having as many as six lipsticks in my bag at a time because I have too many lipsticks and not enough self control. Got to have variety, right? When I manage to rein myself in, I narrow it to a nude and a red. The pictured nude is L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolor in 114 Tender Pink and the red is Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in Big Bang
Perfume // Just in case you get a little gross throughout the day, a rollerball will save your life. Or if you see someone cute in public and before you decide to nonchalantly amble by, you want to top up with something compelling. Is that just me? Probably. I change these up by the week, but this week's pick is Marc Jacobs Daisy EDP.
Hand Cream // Not only do I live in a pretty chilly area, but I also have really dry body skin. My face is a whole different story, but what's a girl to do? To avoid really ashen, grandma-hands (forgive me, mature ladies), I keep a hand cream on me at all times. Pictured is the Bath and Body Works Nourishing Hand Cream in Pink Chiffon.
Blotting Powder // No matter what I do, I cant manage to track down a foundation that really, truly keeps me matte all day long. It's my endless struggle, especially through this PNW rain. To top up what dregs of foundation remain on my skin after a long day, I usually dab on some MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light. Gets the job done well enough, I'd say, though I find that it blocks my pores a bit.


That's that, y'all. What do you stuff all your daily essentials into? I'd love to see!


0 comments:

Post a Comment